The Daonuts Challenger app allows users to challenge pending registrations in the Daonuts Registration app. After every registration event there is a probationary period where registrations can be disputed. Users who dispute a registration must submit a stake along with their claim. Challenges are then resolved by vote in the community DAO. This is flexible and can be the entire community or a committee "jurors". The winner of the challenge receives the entire stake for that challenge. This incentivizes community members to curate authentic registrations and disencentivizes fraudulent/spammy registrations.
A key point to note is that during a challenge the entire merkle tree/root is disputed, not an individual user within it. The entire batch is challenged. Not individual. (because a merkle root is an all or nothing thing). Any filtering/changes/rules should be applied before merkle root creation. It is up to each community to determine what does and does not count as a valid registration. It is then up to the user to abide by those rules when creating a merkle tree of data to submit to the DAO. Finally, it is up to the community to judge that data before accepting it as valid.
- when someone submits data to be included in the community DAO, there is a challenge window where the community can verify and dispute that data before it is authenticated
- to dispute a data submission, a user must submit a stake along with their claim
- the community determines who is responsible for reviewing data submissions (everyone, a set of "jurors", or a 3rd party)
- the community then reviews the claim and votes in the DAO on whether the data is or is not valid
- the winner of this outcome will receive the stake of the opposite party
- there is also a reward for successful data submission (separate from any potential rewards from challenges)